Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.0.2 manager on XP not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan1765

Programmer
Jan 6, 2013
CA
I've got a customer Windows XP machine (Don't ask) through a 1616 IP set with 9.0.2 manager and an IPO embedded VM at 9.0.2 that can't connect to the IPO. When I get to the select IP Office screen even putting the IP in it still doesn't pop up with the IPO to login. I can ping the IPO from that PC no problem. I'm wondering if this is a Win XP issue because I've tried several windows 7 laptops through the phone and they work fine.

I've tried admin access on the PC, firewalls, internet settings, routes......

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I don't think the latest Manager releases work with XP tbh :)

I've seen a few general exception errors, but it usually allows you to press "Continue" and work past them. Make sure you're not trying to open a 9.0.3 configuration with 9.0.2 manager. If you have multiple systems you administer/configure/upgrade, you may need to download a new version of Manager every 3 months or so. [pc1]

Dan

What's that? Your paging doesn't work?! Just get yourself a good bullhorn..problem solved!

I am currently using 9.0.3 on an XP machine and haven't had any issues. So I would doubt it is the PC.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

is the pc able to ping the ip office?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Yes it was able to ping. Turned out to be a Microsoft forefront issue. The customer IT dept shut that off and all was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back