Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8X24 DR5 with FLASH Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2005
This is a new re-install of an 8X24 with DR% and a FLASH.

No Auto Attendant.
Control set is Ext 21, which is in the conference room (No Operator)

6 CO Lines appear and Ring on all phones.

Most phones have voice mail set up on them.

I programmed a night services key on ext 21.

During the day, when the night key is OFF, they want the lines to ring and ring ... no voice mail.

Here's what's happening:

During the day (Night Key OFF) the unanswered calls (4 rings) are going to the Gen Del Mailbox.

They only want the Voice Mail to Answer at night.

In other words, when they come in each day, they want to go to Ext. 21, and click OFF the night key, and check messages like an answering machine.

Any suggestions??????

Thanks!

Doctor Dialtone

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

If any of the ringing sets are set to call fwd no answer to the vmail DN it will go to gen delivery if no mbox is assigned to that set. The easiest way is to put the vmail dn in your night ringing, make sure all call fwd no answers are removed from all sets and set feature 982 to answer lines no.

I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks a lot, phoneguy.

(I did copy all the sets, even the ones without VMailboxes)

I'll let you know ...

Doc

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

Hi Doctor Dialtone,
Just so I understand during the day you want no voicemail just have the phones ring and ring, and At Night you want the voicemail to answer like an answering machine?

If this is correct you can just setup ext 21 with a call fwd button. At Night call fwd ext 21 to the voicemail general delivery mail box. I suppose this would work its an idea.

Ohh You can also set DRT to Prime to Set21, After you do that set the ringing sets you want. Make sure prime sets on Lines are 21 as well. Voicemail wont pickup unless you create a mailbox on Extension 21, but you wont get the AA you will just get the greeting in MBox 21 (Dependind on what you have the call fwd no Answer set to) Set it to 0 and it wont pick up period but you dont want the business to have people not get a hold of them so set it to like 6 if the company wants a simple answering machine and use ext 21 as an answering machine. When you leave at night Call FWD that phone to VMail port. And it will act like a VMail and pick up when DRT hits Ext 21.

I hope this helps and it is not too confusing. Good Luck

-DedMeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back