Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8x24 Cant see Startalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumSFC

MIS
May 28, 2003
AU
Hi everyone, now i'm guessing this is a question for all you guys in the UK. I have a customer with an old 8x24 CCU and he's trying to put a startalk 180 version 1.4 onto it but has not been successful. The system quite litterally wont see it at all. I have tried feature 983 = inactive feature and have also checked port/ext stat in maintenance but thats unequiped. The physical connection is definately 100% which leaves me to thinks that it must be a software incompatability?

The startalk is Release 1 ver 1.4.
The 8x24 CCU is Software Vers SP30MEE02 DR1?

Any ideas??

Graham
graham.b@ashtelecom.co.uk
Ash Telecommunications Ltd
Tel:+447832 11 33 64

That StarTalk unit - is it the big boat anchor with the whole side cover that comes off to access the port jack?
If so - try connecting to the serial port on the side just to see if the internals are working. Try 4800-baud and N-8-1 for data. Just a thought.

Well it definately works because i tested it on a 0x32 before i tried it on the 8x24. I think its a compatability problem according to a chart i have but the chart also shows that there isn't a voicemail that is compatable with DR1 at all!????

Can't be right surely??

Graham

any voicemail?? apart from using an ATA and a standard answer machine?

Graham

The compatibility chart says no for DR1 but maybe someone has done it.

I never tried it but wouldn't running it through ATA's or VMI work?

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

I guess you could have a single port analogue answer machine running of an ata, but it's not ideal at all. He need an A/A and also about 18 voicemail seats.

For an English guy, whats VMI?

Graham

I see, thanks Brian.

Suppose the whole VMI thing was a bit obvious really!

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back