Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8x AGP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyman43

Technical User
Nov 17, 2002
US
How can I tell if my AGP card is running at 8x?
I have a GAINWARD GeFORCE4 POWERPACK ULTRA/650-8X XP GOLDEN SAMPLE video card,running on a SOYO SY-P4X400 DRAGON Ultra Platinum Edition Mobo.I can't seem to find any settings in the bios that says 2x,4x,8x so I can manually set it,or is it automatically set 8x.

check if you got mb monitering software with your MB I know that with my new Gigabyte Mb I did and it lets me know a lot of info strait from my windows you my have to open the MB cd and look for it hope this helps

Take a better look at your BIOS.
In my BIOS it sometimes looks like I am on the end of the page but when I scroll down new settings apear.
So there may be more settings on a page then you at first see.

SiSoft Sandra is a good program to analyse your computer, it will even tell you how to alter settings if you do not know yourself. Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well. [bigears]

I tried using SiSoft Sandra new and old versions but with no results about my proplem.Although,there are some great features in this program that did help me to
analyze my computer for other possible problems.

This came from SOYO's tech support page:
"My 8X VGA card is posting as 2X in Windows.
This is because most bench marks and system utility softwares can only recognize and utilize up to 4X AGP support VGA cards. until there is a fix from Bench Mark and software manufacturers, this problem remains."

I have AWARD SoftMenu III but I don't see any other sections to scroll down to.I'm also running Windows XP Home
I'll have to check my mobo monitoring software to see if there is anything on it that will help.
Thanks for all the input,if you come up with any more suggestions I'll be sure to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back