Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8720 as HTTP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2006
US
My company is installing the new 9600 series telephones. I have been told the 8720 can serve as an HTTP server for firmware for the 9600 series. I have loaded the settings file and upgrade script on the 8720 and its working properly, and I can see the firmware in the /tftpboot directory but the 8720's will not send the files to the phones.

Can anyone help?

Do you have the firewall on the S8720 setup to allow tftp?

The S8720 servers use HTTPS (TLS).

If you are using DHCP with option 176. Change your tftp setting to TLSSRVR=(ip address of S8720)

Were the previous answers helpful? If so, please let helpful posters know with a Thank-you and a Star. If it did not resolve your need, please let us know what you still need for closure.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244.

The 96xx phones download files via HTTP not TFTP. You need to put the firmware files in a valid HTTP root directory. If you're deploying a lot of phones (over 200) I would think of installing a dedicated HTTP server.

Thanks TB, The problem I had was not using the real server address on the RPM page. I was using the active server address. Its working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back