Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8691SF defaulting SNMP/user/pass and reset button

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnoProG

Technical User
Mar 10, 2006
US
How do you default the 8691SF. To get full access to start a new config on the flash, is it as simple as pressing the reset button on the sf. I did do this, assigned an IP to the management port, got access via Device Manager. Via console, rwa/rwa did work; my problem is using DM to edit security. For SNMP, I can reset the rwa for read/write. For CLI, I see the rwa/user rw/user etc. The password fields have nothing. I try to assign a rwa/user and rwa/pass and get an error when hitting the appy button. Anyone know why this error comes up. I am in rwa mode, right. TIA

Boot the switch with a console connection, break into the boot sequence, it should give the option to do this. One of the options for the boot menu is to default the switch.

Have you tried changing the rwa/rw passwords from the command line rather than via Device Manager?

What version of software are you running on the 8691SF?

The 8691SF is the CPU of an ERS 8600 chassis. If you want to factory reset the password you can find detailed instructions here;
Why not just use the CLI interface to set the passwords?

You can find specific detailed instructions here;
Cheers!

Andy, you're talking about "monitor" mode...right. Ok, I'll try all advise tomorrow and report back. I need to work more CLI, I know. Thanks for the links DaddyofThree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back