Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8602 - Error in Named Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeleneP

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
US
Hi,

I have Win2k SP2, AS2k SP4 and Exch5.5 SP4 with all other patches including QO22840. I am receiving the following error.

8602 Failed to read from database (DBNAME=Information Store, EC=Backup Agent Error -- (69) "Read/Write Error in Named Pipes")

Every other thread that I looked at all relate to problems with specific mailboxes in the brick level backups but my brick level backups are fine.

This is the information store itself and I have been unable to resolve the problem. I have tried stopping my McAfee AV services which made no difference. The server has been rebooted several times since this problem developed a while ago and AS has been removed and reinstalled and repatched.

Hopefully someone has some ideas 'cos I'm all out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I have had this error in the past - I think I fixed it by stopping and restarting the Backup Agent RPC Server service on the exchange server.

See if that helps.

Thanks to you both for your input. I have tried stopping and restarting the RPC service but it hasn't made any difference.

I am unwilling to use the TCP/IP option as I am still getting individual mailboxes at present and don't really want to disrupt that.

I hope someone has some other ideas to help me 'cos it's starting to get on my nerves. I haven't had this much trouble with an issue for quite some time. %-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back