Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8600 supply default route

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaksplash

Technical User
Jul 3, 2001
US
We have a Passport 8606 and a XLR1200. The 8606 is set up as the core and the 1200 is the remote. The 8606 has RIP turned on globaly and enabled with RIP supply, listen, default supply, and triggered updates on the VLAN. The 1200 has RIP enabled globaly and RIP supply, listen, default listen, and triggered updates on the VLAN. The porblem is that the 8606 is not sending the default route. I am sure of this because I used a sniffer to check. Any ideas???

I do not think the Passports send any of the 'netmgmt' routes to each other, just the local and RIP (or OSPF) I have 6 XLR1200s and I had to make each default route by hand. I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

got it working...
had to make an announce policy to announce static and bgp routes. it seems that bgp was the one i needed in there.

now i just need to figure out how to get another 1200 to send a default route to an ARN...

Was taught that on the Accelar's you need to turn the routing on globally before it will route. That is how we have our routing configured.

My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my knowledge.
Scott
stomlin@baptistfirst.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back