Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8500 vs 8550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudly12

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2006
US
Hello,

I have an 840 whose bit the dust and an 860. I'd like to upgrade to the 8500/8550. I don't need the duplexing of the 8550, so the 8500 will really fit my needs. However, for some reason Xerox does not offer an extended maintence kit for the 8500- only the 8550.

Anyone know what were to happen if I tried to use the 8550 extended maintence kit on an 8500?

Thanks,
Glenn
glennb *at* team-sys *dot* com

DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN BUT XEROX DONT SUPPLY FOR A REASON
I KNOW THE PRICE DIFF ($99 V $149)MEANS THAT THE EXT KIT MAKES MORE SENCE BUT EVEN WHEN PHYSICAL COMPATIBILITY IS POSSIBLE XEROX USUALLY CHIPS THE SUPPLIES TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE

ADVICE: BETTER NOT CHANCE IT NO POINT WASTING $149

BELOW AS PER XEROX

Both a Standard Maintenance Kit and an Extended Maintenance Kit are available for the Phaser 8550; however, only a Standard Maintenance Kit is available for the Phaser 8500. An Extended Maintenance Kit will not be functional with the Phaser 8500.

NOTE: The Standard Maintenance Kit ships standard with both the Phaser 8500 and the Phaser 8550.

Standard / Startup Maintenance Kit life:
Up to 10,000 black and white prints
Up to 5,500 color prints
Extended Maintenance Kit life:

0 to 20% coverage is up to 30,000 prints
20 to 100% coverage is up to 20,000 prints

NOTE: Coverage is determined by counting the number of pixels imaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back