Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8500 message light flashes and rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerroller

Technical User
Feb 13, 2007
US
i have 3 phones on an 8500 that the message lamp on the display rings and flashes i believe the contractor is doing this but i do not know how and need it to stop any help would be great thanks.

it will stop if i do AKYD and save but it will return after time

I had the same thing on my old 2400ICS with some phones that were on a DRU. Do you have these phones on a DRU?

Is it one phone?
Is it a TDM or IP phone?
If it is a TDM phone has the card been reset?
Has the phone been moved to a vacant port?
Is the firmware on the card up to date?

TDM phone card has been reset 3 phones in all dterm I 2 are on the same card one is on a diff card in a diff stack all cards were upgraded in the past 2 years. the phones have been moved.

Did CMWL clear it? Is there a VM system resending a message?

still waiting to see if it comes back after i did the akyd and set if it does i will try cmwl.

Ok so I go back to the 2400s but let's face it the software is just a rewrite of the older systems. One trick I have had success with in the past is to set up a call and then do an RLST on the station then wait for the system to shut down the call. Not having done much on the 8500s I don't know if this will help but it may be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back