Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

847 twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeckDave

Technical User
Oct 18, 2007
CA
I am so frustrated with this whole process.

1st attempt - 770
2nd - 847
3rd - 847

The testing center I am stuck writing at, is crap. No respect for a quiet environment, people who work there are idiots, constantly barging into the 'area' allocated for testing, which is far too cramped, and covered with hunting trophies, deer antlers, etc.

I am starting to think the lone 486 they allocate for testing has some issue that will not allow it to score more than 847.

I wrote an email to Cisco urging them to advise the testing center to have more respect for peoples need for a quiet and inviting atmosphere. I have yet to receive a reply.

I am ready to give up on Cisco, I dont know how I can possibly improve my knowledge. My brain is packed full of crap, frame-relay, ISDN specs, sh commands, register values, and I can subnet in my head almost instantly.

My planning and implementation on this try dropped to 50+%, the rest were in the high 70s, except troubleshooting which was 94%.

I can't take it anymore. I just want to be finished with studying, finished with Cisco. Maybe Burger King is hiring...

Any advice on the best way to hang one's self?

TeckDave,

Is that the only test center in your area?

I would drive to the next city or town or plan a long weekend "roadtrip".

I am in Tampa, Fl and must have 5-6 test centers within a 30 min drive of my home. If I was willing to drive 2-3 hours I am sure I could get to 20-25 different test centers!

I would look into another center.

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

I'm jealous CiscoGuy, I've got one in my town, that is only open maybe one day a week. Otherwise, the next one is 60 miles away or more. Not that I haven't made the drive to a center even farther away because when I was ready to take the test...I had to take the test.

TeckDave, I wouldn't stop at just sending Cisco a message, you probably need to really contact VUE directly and tell them what's going on.

Thanks for the replies guys, no, I am way up here in Canada, so not much for testing centers except the local neighbors igloo.

When it was prometric, there were 3 in town, and they were reputable, good test centers, with bright facilities, and an inviting atmosphere.

The place I am stuck with now is the sewer's toilet.

Ah, but I am just making excuses for something I have no control over. What I need to do is determine WHY I CANT PASS THIS TEST, and then PASS THE TEST. This will almost guarantee my absence from my local testing center for at least a couple of months...

Good idea to talk to Pearson, although judging by there poorly designed website and archaic test booking procedures, I expect to get less of a response from them than I did directly from Cisco, which is still no response.

Once again, and said to myself as loudly as I can yell in my office, stop whining about things you have no control over, and pass the damned test.

It was that darned VTP - 5-switch, 2-router mesh simulation question that got me again.
I am positive I had 4/5 right. The 5th, still stumps me ->

Out of which ports will frame with source mac-address 0015.5A0Cc.A086 and destination mac-address 000A.8A47.0612 be forwarded? (choose 3)

Well, common sense says if the dest mac isnt in the mac table, then the frame is flooded except to the origininating port. Looking at the mac table, 3ints on the switch are active 2 ints are obvious and are answers, the third is not an option within the subset of answers given, nor anything else discoverable. I must be wrong, but where I ask you, where?!?

Besides, I run two 4507's here at work, and a myriad of 1700s, 2611s 3524s, 3548s etc. If I need to make changes to VLANs, I assign it to a lacky, and get a coffee.

Thanks all!

TeckDave (TechDave is already taken, and I just hate spelling mistakes!)

CECT, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back