Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8411D has no dial tone on the analog jack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papagigo

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
US
I have a 8411D programmed in a G3si V11. I selected the analog option on page 1 and gave it an analog extension number where required, but I must be missing another option. I only get side tone(battery)off that jack on the back. Other than that the set and display are working. This is the only 8411D on my system.
Any ideas?

Mike

Mike Higgins

Mike,

I'm on version 10, but it should work the same way. I put in a new extension, with Type 8411D, and tried to give it an Analog port number and it returned an error: Object type and port type inconsistent.

You should be careful as to not plug a digital phone into an analog outlet as it can severely damage your hardware. As I understand, any station types that end in "D" are for Digital phones.

As far as your extensions, as I understand you can not have extension numbers themselves designated as either Analog or Digital, you determine that when you give the extension it's hardware type. Analog stations typically have 2500 as their station type, and you should not attempt to plug that 8411D phone into any analog ports.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Good Luck.

I'll give it a try and let you know. What is ITC anyway?

Mike

Mike Higgins

Setting the ITC didn't help. Any other ideas?

Mike

Mike Higgins

You said the display is working some I'm assuming you have an external power supply hooked up....right??? The data mod option will require an external power adapter to power the analog port.

-CL

Yes Lopes,

The power unit is in place, I think it is required for the whole set to work on this model, and yes I have tried another 8411D. I'm stumped at this point.
Mike

Mike Higgins

Forgive this possibly naive question..Are you still trying to hook this 8411D up to an Analog port?

The 8411D is a digital phone and connects with a Digital Port. The Analog Adjunt function is to be used for connecting an answering machine, fax machine, modems, audio teleconferencing equipment or TTY machines.

Had to ask..................

phgirl, I don't mind the question,

I am installing it on a 2 wire digital pack. The set works fine, I just can't get DT on the analog jack on the back of the set.

Mike

Mike Higgins

Whew....What does the #10 status light indicate?

Sorry phgirl,

You lost me there,,,

Mike Higgins

Papagigo,

you have to add data-module xxxx (or just add data-module next) and set your analog adjunct data extension on page 5 to use it. This seems like the only thing thats wrong.

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

I am still working with Release 8 so I show my instructions on Pg# 6-177 of Vol 2 - I don't have an 8411D to actually set up but this is paraphrased from the manuals...

Create your extension: page 1 of the form, be sure that TYPE is 8411D and DATA OPTION is analog. PASSAGEWAY is Y if you are using.

Softkey assignments: DO Not administer buttons 9 & 10 if you set the Data option to analog and set passageway to yes.

Page 5: Data extension entry, ITC information and Assigned member.

"The sys mngr may choose to administer Buttons #9 & #10...so that the lights next to these buttons show the status of the PassageWay connection and the status of the Analog Adjunct. Note: Button #9 is always used to monitor PassageWay, and Button #10 is always used to monitor the status of the Analog Adjunct."

Test the Diagnostic feature (press Shift and then Test) to view the status light indications.

I can provide more if you need but I don't want to bore or overkill in this space if not necessary. [ponytails]

I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to help me with this one. I found the problem was "pilot error" my impatients. All I needed to do was to change the set type to 8411D, change the data port to analog and go to page 5 to add the analog extension. Click "ENTER" and WAIT! It actually takes a few minutes for this to work.

Thanks again...

Mike Higgins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back