Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8400B Data Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

dproo

Technical User
Aug 17, 2001
US
Can anyone tell me how to get my 8400B data module going? I have my power supply hooked to my 400B2 connector and then out of the 400B2 to the data module LINE POWER port. I have my 8410D phone connected to the PHONE port and COM2 on my computer hooked to the serial port on the data module. I changed my station to have a data module (a different extension). My phone works fine, but all I get from the data module are red and green flashing lights (short red, long green.) I'm working without a net here (no documentation), so any help will be appreciated.

what you need to do is connect to your data-module via hyperterminal and configure it with hayes commands (at). It needs to be set to work alongside a telephone - unfortunately i'm at home at the min. and can't remember what you need to set but it's in the manual.

Hope this helps

Chris

As far as I remember ( you might want to check the documentation first) you can set up the data module either with or without a phone. The init AT command is ats&24=02 for a data module attached to a phone, and ats&24=03 for a 'stand-alone' data-module.

the actual command is ats24=6 (this for A-Law).

Hope this helps

Chris

I've tried the ATS24=6 through HyperTerminal and I get an OK. But, the lights are still flashing green/red. The Avaya web site says that this means that communication between the data module and the switch is probably lost, but I can't find anything wrong there.

Does anyone have the documentation for this in pdf format? I tried to download it from Avaya, but it won't download.

Thanks,
BJ

I have a copy from the Avaya Site.
If you'll give me your email address I'll try and send it
to you.

I just now got it to download am printing it out.

Thanks, BJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back