Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

840 error 05,002 on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knudde

MIS
Sep 26, 2003
BE
This errorcode does not seem to be listed yet so here i go

Phaser shows this code almost immediately after powerup. On the left side, the belt between the white and black gear is turning and then this error pops up. I think something is not positioned right when reassembling this printer but what? There is certainly a certain startprocedure for the printer iow, the marking on 'that gear' must be facing the marking on the other gear, the printhead should be positioned in that direction and the 'drumreader' (that plastic wheel with the sensor on the drum- left side as well) should have it's marker facing a certain direction..

any hints?

Someone near Brussels can come and pickup the dissambled printers for spare parts after i repaired this one too

Y-axis position failure. This is indeed a problem of the drum. The problem is that it doesn't turn. Look to the right side of the printer (yes, remove cover first :p). The drum is being turned by an assembly with 2 belts (one that goes to the drum, the other goes to the motor). For the Phaser 840 printer, there is a special tool you should use to tighten these belts. (The phaser 850/860/8200 have a build-in tightener). If you don't have this, sorry, but then it will be virtually impossible to tighten these belts ...

(btw, are you giving away the dissambled printers for spare parts? For free?)

J0S, from Brussels...

Hi Jos,

Yes I am giving them away for free- well, for a copy of a service manual then:)

I'm dutch speaking.

Charging the batteries of the digicamera now, once they are up, i'll post some pictures on a webserver for the disassemble processes you've been describing so far.
As well as what is left to pick up if you want

I'll try this fix after the 31.001 error- just disassembled the preheater thing- it does look dirty indeed.

Salukes
Knudde

de linkse en rechts achterste printer kunnen de jouwe zijn.
Ik zal misschien best alle stukken in een doos stoppen want op de linkse heb ik 't een en 't ander gesloopt..

De rechtse achteraan is die met de 05 error. Heb wel de "paperguide" er uit moeten halen ( diene ruitewisser die op de drum staat als je de exitpaperklep opendoet) wegens allemaal afgebroken.

Die ervoor was die met de 031 error. is opgelost maar zit wat inkt vastgekoekt op den drum, moet dat nog es goed cleanen

Culliganlaan 2/H in Diegem.Best eerst checken op degruyte@be.uu.net want moet volgende week ook een paar dagen naar Parijs.

tot dan

Ps, 2de printer ook gerepareerd na cleaning, nice one Jos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back