Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

824 DISA answers in normal mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsteed

Technical User
Dec 14, 2002
US
I have an KX-TA824 that was set up "plain vanilla" (accepted all defaults in quick setup). All CO lines are set to normal mode. If no one picks up, we want the carrier voice mail to pick up and take a message.

Initially all worked fine, but one day, the DISA message started answering the CO lines. I've tried resetting (both normal and default, with the terminal program and with the motherboard buttons) but it still happens. Finally, I set all the CO's to DIL to extension 1. Now the DISA no longer answers, but the only extension that rings (as expected) is extension 1.

Can anyone explain why the DISA would pick up when all the lines are set to normal? How can I get the system to go back to its original behavior where all extensions can ring without DISA picking up?

I have once reset a system back to default and i could take-up all default settings except one for some reason i never found out. For your case, perhaps you should try to turn off DISA from program 7.1 i.e -> 7.DIA -> 1.Automated Atendant and check "without AA" under DISA Incoming Call Dial mode.

Not sure what your CO Line settings are and dial mode.

@Astrix - thanks for the reply.

I have had "without AA" set since I got the unit. I did try setting "with AA" on and then back off, but that didn't help.

I also tried setting the CO lines from normal to DISA and back to normal, but that didn't help either.

The CO Line settings were all "Normal" with dial mode DTMF when the incoming lines were answered by the default DISA message.

The odd thing is that everything seemed to work fine for months, then one day it just started picking up ringing CO lines and playing the default DISA OGM.

That looks weired!.

Perhaps if you have a backup of the old configuration you could try uploading and see if it helps.

Beyond that, i am not sure what could make it behave that way unless it has mulfunctioned

Thanks for the help. At this point, I am inclined to just treat is as a malfunction and replace it. Once I have a new one up and running, I'll download it's program and compare to see if there are any differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back