Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

824 Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

telpro

Technical User
Oct 11, 2003
US
Hello,

Ive decided to finally try and back up a large 824 system that I service. I didnt know until recently that it was possible. Im getting close but need some help. I have an 824 DR3 here in the shop. Ive got the RAD not fast rad) connected and can connect to it using NRU11.
I can make changes but the backup and restore function says "connected to system UNKNOWN and that feature is unavailable" I have read that I might need Norstar Manager 3.5 or 3.7. Is this correct? I wasnt able to locate either online (for free).
Any advice? Thanks! Steve

Yes you need norstar manger not NRU.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Brian, Do you mean replacing the software part of the cartridge? I have thought that the customer data was on the back half (with the backup capacitors that hold the data) and the software was on the front half. I have also thought that you can simply change out the software half to do a seemless upgrade. I think thats what you mean..right?
Any suggestions on getting 3.7?
Thanks for your response!

Thanks Brian! I got the files you posted. I will find dr5 and give it a try. I will get back to you...

The saga continues. I ordered a DR5 module and it appears to not be a DR5 module. My old module said 30MBG06 DR3 under system version. The new one says 30MBE22 (no DR3 or anything afterward). I looked at a chart that indicates its a DR3...DR5 would be 30MV or MU....
Not sure if the chart is correct but I also dont see Log Defaults under General Admin which I think is unique to DR5.
Am I correct that this is NOT a DR5? Thanks!

DR 5 and 5.1 will say it on the cartridge.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Update:
I finally found an actual dR5 module and still no luck. The only change is NOW Norstar Mgr says "You are connected to Modular DR5..Backup and Restore is not supported. Before it said You are connected to UNKNOWN...Backup and Restore is unsupported.

I can still make program changes when connected.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by the "user" comment.

As I said, its the RAD not the FASTRAD.

Beside your name, you labelled yourself a technical user instead of vendor or programmer.

Anyway I was asking for the release # not the RAD type....I was heading to a bad RAD but turns out that was first couple releases of FastRad so forget the question.

You may have too early of release of DR5
What is the NT code and release number?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks!

SP: 30MUL11 RTP: 30GBG03

Vista sp2 32 bit I know its time for a new laptop! Do you think thats it?

How do I change my "technical user" status? it doesnt show under my profile info.

Steve
Northwest Telecom (Pennsylvania)

Select Contact Us at the far bottom and ask to see if it can be done.

Other way around, its not old enough.
3.5 was for 98 and 95, 3.7 was for XP.....you are beyond that.

Try right click on short cut for NM (or NRU for other systems) and select properties and then the Compatibility tab, choose XP mode.
or
Download XP Mode which runs XP within Vista or Windows 7
I think it was designed for Win 7 but lots of tips to run in Vista out there.

As for NRU with Win7 I thinks its 64 bit only.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks again for staying with this!

I tried compatibility mode (XP sp2) and still the same message.

So...if my DR5 is ok...my RAD is ok...my NM 3.7 is ok...then I will see about finding an XP laptop to be sure its not that.

Steve
Northwest Telecom (Pennsylvania)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back