Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8200N Fault 15.004.45:3585 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindiH

MIS
Oct 20, 2004
US
My 8200N is very slow in warming up and eventually will display "Printer Error- contact service: Report Fault 15.004.45:3585" I have found one reference that states it may be a failure with the preheater/drum heater. What is required to correct this fault?

It is in fact the drum heater. Either the drum heater needs to be replaced or you can replace the bulbs in the heater for about $15. The bulbs are 150w halogen and I reccommend Philips bulbs.

Marty5261, Thank you so much for the reply. One other question...I powered the printer off and left it off overnight. The next morning, although it was slow warming up, it did start operating and printing again. Is this just an impending problem or could it have been a fluke!!

My guess is that it is warming up slowly due to bulbs being weak or one is out and the other is having to do all the work. In any event I would venture that this is an impending problem and will need to be resolved.

Marty5261 or CindiH, how do you remove these bulbs?

I do not have a tech manual on this printer.

I have the same problem. Where do I get the philips bulb?

I have changed several of the preheater lamps. You can get them at Lowe's they are 150W Double ended RSC base 118mm Halogen bulbs. I would suggest the rough service bulbs since they will last longer.

The slow warmup is due to one of the two is burnt out and the other will not last long doing double duty.

I ended up ordering the bulbs from Ink Technologies. The set of 2 was $25..not bad considering I had to get it going quickly. Once I got the bulbs, realized that it was a standard halogen type. Well.. I'll know that for next time. Also, users might want to know that changing these bulbs is not like adding ink! I'm glad that I had a few years experience during college with VCR repair years ago, otherwise I probably would have taken all day to do it. Got it all completed in about 1 1/2 hours. Good luck to all!

CindyH:

Check to see if you can see a LIGHT through the vent on the right side of the printer while it's warming up. If you don't see a light, then the bulbs are likely blown (both blow at the same time, and it really is a service item that people should expect to replace on these printers).

HOWEVER! I suspect that you've got a dirty drum temperature sensor. Open the top cover, lift up the teal Lower Exit Guide, remove the teal Rapid Release Guide (has two tabs that you lift off to remove), lift up the white plastic (with writing on it) drum guard. On the left, you'll see a white plastic sensor that rides over the drum. It's a pain to clean it without removing a few other things, but you can run a SOFT *SOFT* cloth between it and the drum and it will provide you with at least a temporary fix. Also, the sensor's electrical connection could be loose (although, you'll usually just start up and get the error when that happens).

TO REPLACE THE BULBS: I've got a complete set of instructions with photos. Send me an email - sppeednet at yahoo . com - and I'll email them to you.

Whit / iFixPrinters

I have a similar fault code on my Phaser 860: 15.004.45:4486. Is this the same problem as referenced above (sorry, lost my manual somewhere)?

Thanks.

start by replacing the bulbs. If tht doesnt fix problem than replace preheater drum. the bulbs olny cost 5 dollars. check other posts on forums. I described in steps on how to replace bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back