Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

81c symposium (elan disabled)! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

is2teli

MIS
Mar 7, 2005
US
on swictch showing elan disabled and phones getting logged out, calls going to defualt acdn.....
what could cause elan to disable all of a sudden.
I rebooted symposium server...and fixed it.
but is there a way to bring elan back up without having to reboot...causing real-time reporting to reset as well. What commands to stat ELAN?

is your elan hub/nic working? on symposium try resetting the VSM service to resync the channels with voicemail.

I would check your peps to make sure that they are up to date. I remember there being a billetin on that.

Yes...Up to date on peps.
is there symposium log? (nothing in lm_log). I will try VSM next time. could updating master script be part of this?

One cause of ELAN instability is traffic on the ELAN that shouldn't be there. The ELAN is VERY sensitive to broadcasts which is why bizkitchris asked the question. It is essential that the ELAN VLAN is configured correctly or put onto it's own LAN switch.

Maybe put a sniffer on to see what's going on. It's very unlikely that updating the master script will affect the ELAN.

thanks everyone. i will doublecheck on its own lanswtihcI will get with the network group for sniffer....

Stat Elan is in LD 48, prt Elan config adan in ld 22 and check vsid too. Phones are on your TLAN and not your elan, so it could have been the data switch. Its also good to stat elnk in LD 137, this give you stats for your elan. Try and ping symposium next from LD 117 using the ping command.

Cheers,

Killian

if you have a cpp or piv processor on your pbx, it should be running at 100 full, so the symposium should be set the same and cp too if you have it, otherwise the elan will bounce/drop... there's a tech alert bulletin regarding this also searches on nortel soln about elan dropping or locking up with regards to symp elan or cp elan will give you the same resolution plus the actual bulletin number where this is reference...

same ping command as from cmd prompt or different one in pbx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back