Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

81C In constant sys load

Status
Not open for further replies.

don2119

Technical User
Aug 13, 2008
US
Just moved a switch from one location to another as a 61C It was moved up to an 81C 4.5 DSN software.Network groups were added. now when I got on location and turned the switch on It is in constant sys loads on both cores never gets to a logon. I had to download 5.0 dsn software and made a bootable disk but it will not load. I do have the keycodes for the 5.0.

any assist will be appreciated.

power down your cpu shelf. disable the cmi's turn it back on.. connect to the j25 port on the rear of the cab.. if one cpu boots enable the cni's on that side only..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

RMD will not load how do
This is the Nortel Bullitin 2009009821, Rev 2
How do I do this:For NT4N39 CPPIV cards, booting from the faceplate RMD - 512 Meg compact flash requires a change in the BIOS
settings from auto-detect to a manual user setting.

Reissue Reason:
The original bulletin was issued in preparation for the change to the new flash devices. Since this notice, the supplier of
the FMD and RMD has addressed the need to change the CPPIV card bios. This was completed prior to any new devices
being shipped to the field. The instructions in this bulletin can therefore be disregarded.
Background:
The compact flash memory devices, FMD - 1 Gig and RMD - 512Meg, originally used on the NT4N39 CPPIV and
NTDW61 CPPM processor cards have been discontinued by the supplier. New compact flash devices have been
validated for compatibility in both cards and will be introduced shortly as stock of the old compact flashes is used up.
This bulletin is being sent to alert installers of the special procedures they need to follow when using either of the new
compact flash devices with an NT4N39 CPPIV card. No new procedures are required when using the new compact flash
devices with an NTDW61 CPPM card.
Please note that although similar, the replacement procedure for each compact flash is different and should be followed
carefully. Also, for the FMD, the replacement procedure is only performed once when replacing the FMD on board. Using
the 512Meg memory flash card in the RMD faceplate position necessitates that the compact flash be manually discovered
(rather than auto-discovered) every time the installer wants to boot from the RMD flash. Please read the procedure below.
Analysis:
For NT4N39 CPPIV cards, replacing the on-board FMD - 1 Gig compact flash requires setting changes for the card bios.
This can be done at the time of the replacement. This setting can be left in place if changing back to the previous
compact flash. The compact flash requiring this procedure will be identified as model NORBELLCF1GM2PU. See
required actions below.
For NT4N39 CPPIV cards, booting from the faceplate RMD - 512 Meg compact flash requires a change in the BIOS
settings from auto-detect to a manual user setting. This change will be required each time a reboot from the faceplate
RMD is required, such as when upgrading or installing the software. Other uses for this compact flash, for example as a
backup are not impacted. The procedure listed in the recommendations is only required when booting from the RMD. The
compact flash requiring this procedure will be identified as model NORBELLCF512M2PU. See required actions below.
Recommendations:
The procedures previously published in version 1 of this bulletin are no longer required.
Required Actions:
>TECHNICAL SUPPORT
. TECHNICAL BULLETIN

Found that cabling that was done before I got on site was totally wrong. I also found a NORTEL 512 CF2 that I was able to load the switch with 5.0 software. the San Disk cf2 I had would not load the switch. all is running error free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back