Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

802.1x peap mschapv2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsdemo

Technical User
Sep 6, 2003
NL
Hello guys, i realy hope someone can help me out on this i am working on this for a day or 4 now and cand solve it.

I have the following situation:

in my active directory :

-dc configured as a certificate server and IAS server.
on this machine i made a group "wireless access" and added the users and computers that need the wireless config and access to this group. I made a remote access policy on the IAS server and granted the "wireless acces" group access to the wlan. I made a gpo withe the network settings and linked it to the group. The accespoint and clients are cofigured to support 802.1x peap mschapv2.

Whenn i log in to the network the client authenticates and is connected all fine as it should be.

After a while the client give the message
"The connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources" and loses its IP address.

This is driven me grazy i have read the whole thing again and tried WPA and set the cleint session limit 12 hours in stead of 15 minutes what is racuired for WEP. Nothing helped. When i use WEP and disable the peap mschap v2 the client keeps connected for hours and hours.

Regards Lars.

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

I have just changed the setting on the IAS policy:

-i have ticked the "allow access only trough this nas types IIE802.1x checkbox.
-do not allow multilink connections.
-authentication tab i have ticked the mschapv2 checkbox.

Client is still connected for 68 minutes now.

lets hope this was the trick.

regards lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back