Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

801 CCNA Getting Ready for it. Any Latest Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkGuy101

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
Im getting ready to take the Cisco CCNA 801 Test. I have used some sims and have alot of hands on. THe sim was terrible. I could not get it to configure a VLAN correctly or assign an IP Address. It froze on me all the time. maybe because it was free, I dont know. I would like to get a good round of practice with a switch without paying an arm and leg for it. ANy online labs or sims that are good? I have a 2500 Series router and though about buying a switch of ebay or something. Any Suggestions?

Akiwondo:

I suggest to buy an extra router.
Just connecting router p2p won't help you understand how routing protocol works.
As far as interconnecting two routers via DCE-DTE serial, both router can talk to each other WITHOUT any routing protocol. because they are statically connected.

Microbyte
[medal][medal]

sorry, I forgot to say thanks for the posts! I have but my exam back ciscoguy on the fact that i was unsure of some points within the areas you gave to me (especially ospf)

My exam is in just under 2weeks (gives me time to have a few beers for my 25th!!!)
Im sure I will have some more questions for you.
Cheers!!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back