Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'800a0046' when using CDONTS.NewMail - Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryMVS

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I've got a meeting room diary which works great for me, but other users on the same domain as me keep getting the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/general/meetingroom.asp, line 918

Line 918 is the 'objCDO.send' command.
I thought it might be a permissions setting so I have gone through trial and error and now the SMTP service operator is set to everyone - full control as is the mailroot folders and the folders containg the script.

I can not seem to find a reason for this, (though I've no doubt it will become very ovious after I have submitted this post!)

Any ideas would be most welcomed.

Thanks,

Barry

ICT Network Administrator
IT Services Manager

Digga,

Thanks for your post. I had checked that page already.

I have managed to resolve the problem which was relaited to permissions, but for the parent folders of the 'mailroot'.

Worked it out about an hour after posting the message! D'oh!

Could have done with a little more info from the ASP error message!

Thanks for your help.

Barry

IT Services Manager

I'm having the same problem. I've already tried setting the permissions, but this didn't work. I've even tried setting the permissions of the entire Inetpub folder so that both the IUSR and the IWAM accounts have full acceess to it.

Piersk,

Make sure that both those accounts have security and permission for the folders in question.

Other than that, I'm afraid I can not suggest anything else, though I did notice when i entered the error code into google, it returned lots of hits for different types of errors.

Are you getting the 'permisson denied' message in your error?

Barry

IT Services Manager

Yes i am. I've also given the two IIS accounts full permission to the CDONTS.dll file. I'm completely stumped. I only reinstalled our webserver a week ago and haven't done anything that I can see would cause this problem.

Barry,

What service pack are you running on exchange and what version of exchange are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back