Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800 X 600??? 1024X768???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concussion

Technical User
Jun 17, 2002
US
Okay I was just wondering how to get my page that I created in 1024 X 768 resolution to show up properly in 800 X 600.. I haven't even begun to imagine what it is going to look like in a higher resolution. When I switch to 800 X 600 I end up having the page scroll sideways and up and down. I have tried publishing it with the options 'exact fit' and so on but they all seek to not fit the screen. I have also created it in 800 X 600 and of course it is too small when I switch back to 1024 X 768. This is going to be a big problem especially for those who don't know that there is a resolution setting for thier video card. I deal with that all day at work when I troubleshoot internet connetions over the phone....

me : "click on go"
caller :where is go?
me: "scroll sideways"
caller :eek:h there it is.

So I know that there are plenty of them out there and of course I want everyone to be able to view my page the way it was meant to be displayed.

Thanks

I will tell you how to do it:
in the publish settings choose from html dialog box dimensions:percent 100x100 .
dragos.jpg

Don't even have to change the resolution...just make your browser window smaller or bigger...cunning...

DOH!!!! Why didn't I think of that. I should have known to start using percent instead of pix. It only makes sense.

Thanks for the input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back