Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800 trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

mferrucci

Vendor
Feb 14, 2005
US
Has anyone experience troube dialing an (800)# on 2/23?
Thanks

anyone where? You realize Toll-Free isn't a global entity, your toll-free provider could be down in just your area or local C.O. without affecting your region, or state, or town entirely.

Mato' Was'aka

mferruci - I experienced a short-lived problem with 800 #'s at that time - they weren't going to our queues but to other businesses. It lasted a few minutes and then was gone.

My guess is someone mucked up the TFN routing tables at the phone company.

We received a bill for over $500.00 for 571 calls going out over our POT's line between 9:37 to 12:58. Our carrier tells us that we had no over flow that day. I ck the RLI's for our 800# and they are going out the only route we use with no 2nd choice.

you do not have 800 outbound.. someone has misinformed you. 800 is one way inbound and terms on a local... if all your ld trunks were down, wouldn't someone have noticed prior to a billing cycle..

if all ld trunks were down internationally, it would have been on the news

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I should have said our SPN's for 800# are going out our RLI 25 which is our main route 7004 with no 2nd choice

If you have CDR records I would review them. Then I would dispute the charges since you only have one entry in your route list block for the rli for 1800. There is a regional clec in my area that provides a service for outbound toll free calls. 800, 866, 877, 888. The service works on a digital trunk interface ( in my case OPC720f card ). Do you have a service like this?

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

Hey, aren't 800 calls FREE!? Something tells me you are using a carrier RESELLER, true? I would dispute the bill with them. We (locally) have some carriers that are using this to increase revenue in this area of the country. Some customers catch it right away, and some don't. There was a guy on here a couple of weeks ago that was PAYING for local calls. We called him on it, and he found that they were using an old contract. Dispute it!

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

lol! they are not free to who owns them! good point Doc, why the hell would you pay on one you are calling out on!

Mato' Was'aka

Not all calls where 1800# but it was on the same day that we were experiencing trbl dialing 1800# they where locol and lond distance going over our power fail POT's lines, instead of our 3 PRI's, which had no over flow.

The way this service was sold was that the toll free call would be carried on the clec's network to the closest CO to where the number terminates. The customer received a rebate for doing this verses sending them over there local pri's which were from the same clec. I wondering if the toll free numbers were moving from one carrier to another? Like dudecrush said a translation got entered wrong somewhere for a brief period of time.

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

Even still, all 800 CALLING is free over LD, Local, Payphone, PRI, T-1, COT,, etc... Why are you paying, unless you have a contract that say, "PAY ME" no matter what. I Agree that the toll calls should be billed, but not 800. You shouldn't be billed for changes they make.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back