Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800 number

Status
Not open for further replies.

berpen

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2004
US
Hi, I have to change an 800 number to read something else on the call display. I have checked VDNs, hunt groups and trunks and I cannot find this specific 800 number...Does anyone know where it might be? Is there a command I am missing??

The only clue I have is the line reads "AT&T Long distance to Team 1" and my tie trunk is called AT&T Long Distance..

Have you checked the Vectors? Some thing in your switch has to be named "Team 1

My guess it's tied to one of the trunks. Does one of those trunks have that same descritpions?

Yes there are vectors named team 1, but no indication of the number...One of my trunks is called "AT&T Long Distance" and a vector, hunt group and vdn called "Team 1

Not sure going out on a limb here but check your stations. Depending on how you use your stations the station name may be called Team 1. I use stations for routing in certain issues and the name of the station appears when it calls internally.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

OK, a couple of things...

The VDN number may actually be the DNIS digit that the phone company is passing you for that 800 number. Or, some people have their 800 numbers pointed to local numbers or DIDs, so the VDN may be the associated with a local number instead of the 800 number.

Either way, it sounds like the "Team 1" is coming from a VDN. Try changing the name of the VDN and the name on the display should change as well. For example, if I change the "Team 1" VDN to say "Widget Main" then their display would say, "AT&T Long Distance to Widget Main". If that doesn't work, then it's back to the drawing board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back