Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800 number

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymz462

MIS
Dec 7, 2006
US
I've got an 800 number that's supposed to be tied to a certain DID at my company. However, the 800 number is tied to the wrong DID.

To fix, I figured I'd just need to find the target line that the 800 number is on and assign it to the right set. I don't see any line with the number though, and the target line the 800 number rings on doesn't list that number as a received number.

What am I missing here?

Open up BCM monitor and use the line monitor. It will show you the DNIS numbers received for the call.

Thanks bluemr2. There are no entries for this number in Line Monitor though; I've called it several times with no luck.

Check the prime set for the trunks, If there is no target built it will roll to the Prime for the trunk.So you will need to make a target and assign it.

You say that the 800 number is tied to a DID. Are the calls coming in via PRI? If so and you are not receiving any DNIS numbers then thats going to be a problem. You need to contact the carrier and get that sorted out PDQ, although I don't even know how the call would get to you without it.

If they're coming in on analog trunks, just do as Cook says. Just make the prime for the trunk the extension number you want to answer if there's no DNIS digits coming in.

If you have Call Pilot enabled, you can also use CLID routing once you start getting DNIS numbers. You can direct it to an extension, AA, CCR tree etc.

The calls should be coming in via PRI, but I still don't see the 800 number in Line Monitor. I don't even think Line Monitor is working properly- if I use my desk phone to dial an external number, nothing shows up. Ditto for when I use my cell phone to call my desk phone.

I tried assigning a target to the correct prime set, but had no luck with that as well. I set the Received Number as the last four digits of the 800 number- should I try using some other digits?

Thanks for the responses- this phone system is a bit of a mess and I'm not a phone guy by nature.

Usually, an 800 number is pointed to an individual DID number in your range by telco, so you will not see a DID that matches your 800 number. If you watch the set that the DID is ringing on, you should be able to see the line number the call comes in on, then assign that line to the set you want to ring.

MarvO said it

Thanks Marv. The 800 number comes in on the same line that our main, local business line is on.

Is this something the telco needs to fix? I had asked them about it, by they said it was my problem.

If you need to split it off from your main business number, Telco will have to program it to hit a different DID. Do you have any spare unused numbers in your range that they could point it to?

MarvO said it

Yes I do. Contacted telco, and lo and behold they're going to take care of it.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back