Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800 gs/ls and WINSPM R8

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinxs

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
Just found out the other day that WINSPM R8 will not reconize the 800 gs/ls card. It will only reconize the 800 gs/ls id. This is not an issue for regular SPM, only in Quick Access. I believe this as well falls in for the 408 gs/ls MLX card. You need the 408 gs/ls id.

Tell me why this is?? Is it because straight GS/LS and MLX cards are a dime a dozen, and Avaya wants you to pay for the still expensive ID boards??

agh.. How does one trick the system?

-Joel

It was a design issue.

Remember, the very first MAGIX was ONLY AVAILABLE in the METAL CARRIER.

So, MAGIX only supports cards (mostly) with the SMALL FOOTPRINT. (Which of course, you can't tell with the Plastic On.)

Also, MAGIX DOES NOT SUPPORT ATL Cards, and some of those NON ID cards were of the older versions.

My experience has been that while indeed the 800 gs/ls card is not compatible, the 408 gs/ls MLX (non-caller id version) is compatible up through Magix R3.0. The 408 gs/ls card has also been upgradeable using the current release Magix forced upgrade card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back