Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800# call through Legend/Audix over PRI holding for hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

holly7wood

Vendor
Nov 30, 2005
US
Never seen this. I have a tech friend (thank God it's not me) who has a Customer with a Legend R6? and Intuity Audix. Based on BOTH the carrier bill, and SMDR info, 800# calls are coming in sporadically over the weekend and holding for hours. No outgoing calls show up on SMDR, so at first glance, it doesn't look like it's being hacked for outdial. The rub is the carrier billing for the 800# call.

The tech has checked all the restrictions on the Audix ports.

My thought is they are trying to nose around, but not getting anywhere. The question is: "Is there a timed disconnect for a live call in the Legend or Audix?". One thing I did think he should do is call those numbers coming up on the SMDR and see if they're coming from a legit business.

I've gone through all the old posts as best I could. Not doing much Legend/Magix/Audix anymore.

Thank you in advance for your input.

K2

check for far end disconnect,
what type of trunks do they have ?
I'll bet the 800 number are coming in over ip circuits

Far end disconnect is also known as reliable disconnect. Make sure the Legend has it enabled and make sure the carrier has it enabled as well. It is possible that during the week calls are answered physically and hung up physically so the issue does not arise. On the weekend, when a call comes in, the caller realizes they are closed and hangs up during the greeting. Then the line doesn't disconnect and hangs there. I doubt it is someone trying to commit toll fraud. I bet it is a reliable disconnect/ far end disconnect issue.

Thanks for the reply. According to the tech, all the calls are coming in on a PRI. Does the reliable disconnect apply to PRI? I didn't ask, but he never mentioned this problem happening on calls that they know are legitimate. I also don't know how calls are handled during the day.

K2

yes the reliable disconnect apply s to the PRI,
is it a ip PRI, they seem to have high failure rate to far end disconnect, it happens quite often even with reliable disconnect on in the legend & magix with voice mail

I'm not sure how the PRI is provided, but I will pass this on right away because I know he wanted to get some resolution before the weekend.

Maybe I'll have a post with resolution for Monday.

Thanks again,

K2

Does the auto attendant have a "timeout" option set up? Does it simple loop back to the same auto attendant? If so, make callers that don't make a selection from the auto attendant go to a mailbox that takes a message, which should hang up after detecting several seconds of silence.

I smell the wood burning. You're living in the solution and not the problem. No matter how it got in or why it's there, just get it out.
Thanks Tommy.
I'm not sure about the attendant programming, but I will pass this on. I'm so vested in this now, I just might tag along the next time he goes to the site.

K2

I'm a bit puzzled as to how Reliable Disconnect applies to PRI/ISDN given that call setup & teardown is accomplished via D channel messages. The Legend would need to see some type of a call clearing message from the LEC before releasing the call.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Dexman is correct. The Reliable Disconnect parameter in Legend/Magix only applies to analog trunks.

Tom's suggestion about correcting the Automated Attendant loopback (if applicable) is very smart.

Tim Alberstein

Update on the situation. The tech was worried about the weekend service for the customer. They have a 24/7 plant and there was night bell access through the Auto Att. So before he got the suggestions that you'all gave me on this post, he changed all the selector codes and the 0/timeout options to go to the bell and then to a mailbox with a short leash. I told him he was thinking along the lines of the great Merlin minds that I consulted. He left a message for the customer this morning, but as of now he hasn't heard back. The SMDR is still running also.

I will post an update when I hear.

Thanks again,

K2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back