Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.6 not erasing exchange logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

techteam

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
US
Backup exec is backing up exchange fine but is not erasing the logs?

I'm having similar problem so would be interested in any fix.

TobyT

I am experiencing the same issue, It did delete the log files once and then never again. If you have come up with a solution, any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

First off, make sure you have the Remote Agent installed on the Exchange server, and Exchange 2k System Tools installed on the backup server. The backup method under the General tab should be set as a FULL (NOT a Diff or Incremental!). In addition, the Exchange tab should have "Full - Database and Logs (flush committed) as well. If you try a Full Exchange backup on a Diff job, it may or may not work. For this reason, I suggest running a seperate job for the Exchange servers if, for example, your policy is to run Diffs on weeknights.

Another thing to watch out for is to backup *just* the store (which actually backs up and flushes the logs as well) and not both the log directories and the store. Running a backup of e:\logs\*.log will not flush anything.

Jato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back