Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.5 vs 8.0: report format 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubajube

Programmer
Mar 6, 2002
US
I have Crystal Reports 8.5.0.217 installed on my computer now. I'm starting a new project where they use CR8.0. Since CR8.5 has no "Save as Crystal Reports 8.0" option, am I correct in assuming that reports saved in 8.5 are fully compatible with CR8.0?

I recently created a report in Crystal Reports 8.5 and then ran the same report in Crystal Reports 8. The Alerts that I created in 8.5 did not work in 8. Version 8 does not support "Alerts". I hope that this little bit of info helps you out a bit.

Yes, they are fully compatible, as long as you don't rely on any features that are strictly v8.5 - and there are only a few.

V9, however, does not allow you to go backwards at all. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Here's a minor undocumented feature that doesn't make the transition from 8.5 to 8:
If you have an 8.5 report that has a pie chart with the labels set to be displayed on the sides, the labels will lose their positions when you save to ver. 8.

Minor, but very annoying as the labels will overlap each other in v.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back