Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.3 Report Studion Dynamic Filter of 1 field based on Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SagaeTK

Programmer
Oct 9, 2011
US
I would like to filter my whole report on AmountBalance by 3 criteria: negative values, zero values, and positive values.
Example if the user would select to exclude negative values, I do not want any record with negative AmountBalance to come in to the report.

Thanks
TeriK

The easy way is to define 3 report pages, 1 for excl. neg values,
1 for excl. zero values and 1 for excluding the pos. values

The report pages are stucturally identical, but with diffent summary filters.

You then display the desired page based on a prompt with a collection of 3 choices.

The render variable that governs which page is shown is driven by the parameter of said prompt

Ties Blom

blom0344,
Thank you very much for your immediate and easy response. I would really like to have one report and use and advanced filter to accomplish this.

Do you have a sophisticated way?? :)
Thanks,
TeriK

You guys are the best !!!!!
I did some more searching and was able to modify an answer that "nuffsaid" gave.

Here is my filter and it works great.
(?Returns? = 'E')and ([3rd_Party_Distributor_Sales].[Dashboard].[Invoice_Qty] > (0))
OR
(?Returns? = 'O')and ([3rd_Party_Distributor_Sales].[Dashboard].[Invoice_Qty] < (0))
OR
(?Returns? = 'Z')and ([3rd_Party_Distributor_Sales].[Dashboard].[Invoice_Qty] = (0))

Thanks to nuffsaid.

And thanks again to blom0344 because your answer works and was immediate response and would have met an impending deadline and sometimes that can save your A$# !!!!
TeriK :)

I assumed that you had to go against an aggregated fact, as one normally aggregates quantities to a certain level.(prior to filtering) Your final solution coped with the combination of 2 non-aggregates which is perfectly okay. 'Normally' this would not be the case, hence my 'less-sophisticated' solution..

Ties Blom

Wow, accolades and I didn’t even participate… [blush]

Nuffsaid.

But you left something worthwile to be searched and found..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back