Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.1 questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyetry

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
US
1st - type tree related - While testing 8.1 in the past I was just opening type trees in the tt maker but not really rebuilding. I just created a new 8.1 type tree and went to build the tree and the analysis icon is for logic only. I searched the Menu options and found the option I wanted, analize logic and structure. I was not able to add this option to the tool bar. Am I missing something?

2nd - Map designer - testing the Random number function. I created a map with one output, an element defined as integer. builds fine. then I created a funtional map with using an index as the sole input, test_rand(index$). The in the map with the fmap the integer is art of a group that is 1-100.

The following rule builds fine...

if (index_value < 10, 1)

This one gives me errors...

if (index_value < 10, mathlib->RAND( ))

In this case I get popups during the build 'opcode=109 @ 5089' and 'opcode=109 @ 3453'. Of course, because of our company standards I can't run eclypse on our machines so I can't use help. Any thoughts on why the second map gets the errors?

Oh, and even though the 1st map builds it doesn't produce any output.

I'm testing 8.1 build 114 on Win 2003 server.

You should be using 8.1.0.2 or 8.1.0.3 build 37. Before then there are lots of bugs.

We are on 6.7.1 on windows now and looking to do an upgrade without recompiling everything (long list of reasons).

It looks like 8.1 and 8.2 don't support older version maps running in the event server - thats according to the Whats New docs.

Which 8.0* build is considered stable by those using it in production?

Thanks

Scrap that post. That teaches me not to read IBM documentation during hours of darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back