Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.1.69 stable yet? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcomGuy61

Technical User
Dec 24, 2012
US
Getting ready to bring a new system on line today and was wondering if I should just stick with 8.1.65 or install 8.1.69. After reading about the issues when it first came out I have stayed away from installing it but now that it has been a few weeks I was just wondering what everyone has seen with 8.1.69 running.

Thanks in advance
S

I'm wishing I had more details about what the issues where (allegedly) with NI2 PRI's... that caused the load to be pulled down and then reappear a couple of days later. Just sayin' you know?

Small customer, only 4 9508 phones and three copper trunks on a combo card......

I've heard that the issue only occurs with certain central office switches that require the "NI2_CALLED_PARTY_TYPE=UNKNOWN" be added to the no user source numbers. The IPO appears to ignore that entry, even if it is populated. If your PRI doesn't require outbound calls to be typed as unknown then you have nothing to worry about.

Just an update, the 8.1(73) release has fixed the PRI National Unknown issue. I had the same issue with 69 and the upgrade has resolved the outbound calling issues previously stated.

Thanks for confirming that. Have a star. I read the 8.1.73 release notes and it didn't mention anything about that particular issue being fixed, which isn't all that unusual these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back