Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.0.45 Fixes Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeGuru

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2003
US
Since Avaya is in such disarray with getting it right and keeping us informed...
Avaya has released 8.0.45 to fix analog trunk / caller ID issues from 8.043/8.044.
We learned the hard way. Which is why I am posting this message.
After a multisite upgrade yesterday to 8.0.43, Tier 3 support tells us it disables caller ID and other trunk items.
Another money losing propostition for us as a business partner, as we now have to go back out to 7 sites and upgrade to 8.0.45 - which is not even on the support site yet.
Someone at the top of SME needs to clean house and start from square 1 with quality control.
Fix ALL issues on R8 before moving on to some new fancy feature that no one cares about.
If you are listening Mr. Avaya - just delvier us business partners a product that works.
Is that asking too much?

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Thanks IPOfficeguru, you are right on about quality control.

46 years in the business and counting.

just in too much of a rush to get new sh*t (read licences, read money) to market.

I hope the IP1000 is good... could mean not being lost between the IPO and ACM now.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

IP Office sales have plummeted, apparently, in recent times.
SAll they ned to do is LISTEN to their resellers, who are their CUSTOMERS.
Not hard is it?

Enda Kenneally has been broght in to sort it out apparently??

UK Based IP Office Discussion

Twitter twitter.com/davea66
MSN davea123ATlive.co.uk

IPOfficeGuru,

Is only the analog trunk stuff fixed or do you know of other stuff?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

i cant see 8.0.45 ???

Avaya Support just returned my call....8.0.44 is the correct release for fixing caller-ID.
He says there is no 8.0.45, which is different from what they told us this morning.
Wow!

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Its on the new partner site which is now available but not accessible.

Apparently they are having single server sign-on cert issues. [ponder]

It's 8.0.44 not 8.0.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back