Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

79xx Sidecars

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbeyv73

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
US
Currently, we have our switchboard setup with two sidecars for easy transfer and fast dial buttons. Does anyone know how many sidecars can be placed on one phone? I want to say the limit is two, but I have a customer wanting a definitive answer.

Thanks,
Abbey Villegas

Two is the limit. Have you considered haveing them use the Attendant Console software?

SBD
CCDP,CCNP,CCVP, CCIE Voice written

No, I really am not familiar with that feature? Does it have to be purchased or does it come with my version 4.1?

Thanks,
Abbey

We use the console at our 3 locations and it works great. It comes with CCM. Go to application> install plugins from the ccm page to download the console. It allows quick number lookups from the directory and drag and drop call transfers. It also allows the user to see the status of the number they are transfering to, ie whether the user being transfered to is already on the phone. It also has a speed dial panel that lets you monitor your favorite lines just as you would with the side car.

Jeremy Giacobbe
MCSE, CCNA

ok, I have got it installed. What should I use for the attendant login credentials? I have tried my own login, but that didn't seem to work? I have also tried the administrator login. Is there somewhere special that I need to set one up?

Thanks,
Abbey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back