Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7960: Second line ring while first line is active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwolgast

MIS
May 20, 2002
US
Our Administrative Assistants have requested that their phones ring when they receive a second call, rather than hearing call waiting beep. Is this possible with the IP phone 7960 and CCM 3.1(4b)? How is it administered?

They are used to our Avaya Definity G3, which allows me to specify ring continuously, single ring, or no ring when a second appearance alerts.

Thanks for your help!

Dave Wolgast
HealthNow NY, Inc.
Buffalo, NY

You can turn call waiting off for that line appearance. To do this find the phone you wish to change and click on the first directory in the left column. In the second group of options there is a setting labelled call waiting - simply set this to off. Just make sure that the second DN for the phone is in the Foward Busy box below.

It appears that regardless of the state of the Call Waiting parameter on the first DN, the user still gets call waiting tone when a call is forwarded busy to the second DN.

There is no work around with your problem. It is normal to here a bus tone if the phone is already engaged.

I don't remember if this feature is in 3.1, but I know in 3.3 it is available.

Look for this under the service parameters for the Callmanager piece.

Hope this helps..

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back