Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7920 WiFi phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPey

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
US
Has anybody used these phones extensively? We're beta testing these phones (eight) in a fairly small environment. Any input, good or bad?

We've used them a little bit a while back. The battery life was very poor and the phones aren't very rugged. I'm not sure if they've fixed the battery issue yet.

They now have an extended-life battery for 'em. We'll find out how durable they are...

They are still behind. Cisco created all this great security on their Access Points but to get these phones working you have to step down the security. Major fumble on Cisco's part. Not ready for corporate use yet. Works great at home though.

When they build a VPN client into the phone then I will start using it... I am NEVER going to put a wireless AP on my corporate network. The APs at my site are connected to an internet subnet and all my notebook users then use the Cisco VPN software on their machines to tunnel back into the network through a 3005 VPN Concentrator.

anyone worked with the ring tones on the 7920. All i get is the chirp1 and chirp2. Can new ring tones be uploaded?

I talked with a Cisco SE yeterday and he said that VPN is on the way, but it won't be in the next firmware release due out 1st or 2nd Qtr of next year.

Ring tone downloads not supported under current firmware. Previous versions supported them but they had problems.

Has anybody found a way to download a list of Directory names & numbers into the 7920? The overpriced "Configuation Utility v1.0.0" does not do it.

Hi, just want to add the following:

- Software is new
- only support with CCM 3.3.3 and above
- bad roaming support
- only LEAP authentication
- and basic wep
- only Cisco accesspoint support (for advanced features)

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back