Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7912's and the iDivert softkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iorek

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
GB
Hi

We've just moved from CM Express to Call Manager 4.0 and everything seems to have gone well.

The only thing we have run into is with our 7912G's and their softphones. We've created a softphone template that has the iDivert button so that users can kick a call straight to voicmail, and have applied it to all phones (and they have been reset). Our 7960's have all picked it up, but the 7912's don't show any softkeys at all.

The Cisco docs say that the softkeys do work with 7912's, so I am hoping we can get it sorted.

Does anyone have any ideas on this ??

Thanks

We don't have any 7912's, but I'll take a few shots in the dark here...

Where did you apply the softkey template, at the Device Pool level or at the Device level (on the 7912 device itself)?

Is there a Voicemail profile assigned on the 7912's?

Your situation is odd, because even if the 7912's have a CSS that doesn't include the voicemail hunt pilot number, the iDivert key should still pop up (I found this out when we went to 4.1.2)...

TMH

Hi THM

Thanks for the thoughts. We have set it both at the Device Pool level and the device level itself, but still no joy.

In fact, we don't get any softkeys when a call comes in.
Most odd.

Any other suggestions gratefully received !!

Thanks

Neil

create a new softkey template and apply that templete on the device level ..

I`m trying to modify a Softkey so I have a hardcode DN number against a un-allocated softkey - any ideas

wayne

We have just installed many 7912 with the iDivert keys with no issues on CCM4.02. I'd check phone loads etc. Try deleting the phone and re-building it from scratch. You should only apply Softkey templates at the Device Pool level unless you want to visit EVERY phone when you make a change. Phone Softkey template settings are for the special circumstance times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back