Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7911 & Octoline 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cflcrosland

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2012
Hi,

Will the 7911 work with and octoline extension?

I have tried this and when I reboot the phone it does not come up with any ext. number, but it works just fine on the CIPC. As soon as I switch it back to a dual line ext. it picks up the number just fine on the 7911

Any Idea's?

7911 is a single line phone, CIPC is a multiline phone and the reason you can program 8 lines on it. You will need to upgrade the 7911 to a higher end set to do this.

Thanks for your reply,

I thought as much, any idea how I can give the user the same ext# but have one profile setup so that when they log into a 7911 using EM they have 215 as a dual line and then when they log into CIPC 215 functions as an octoline? We'r using CME.

Thanks.

You can try creating multiple profiles for the user one for the cipc and one for the 7911. Or you can make the cipc his dn without the need to log in and make the profile just for the 7911.
Why 8 lines? Unless the user is superhuman there is no way he can be on 8 calls at once. Reduce them and that might do the trick.

I guess each dn would have to have a different ext# number?

The reason is the user remotely supports a number of field engineers on the CIPC (up to 15 teams a night), most of the calls require some port config changes etc to be done or issues to be resolved and the caller is placed on hold while this is done, the nature of the job tends to mean the calls come in in bursts.

btw the user is me, I wish I could reduce the calls - some people seem to think I do have super human powers but unfortunately I haven't discovered them yet - maybe another avenue of exploration?!

I see. So when you are on the 7911 you don't need to take 8 calls? I think at this point your best option is to replace the 7911, if it is not an option due to budget issues, then just program the CIPC with different DN's and CFB one to the other. Create a profile for the 7911 with two lines and log into it when needed to take calls there.
Or just use the CIPC no matter where you are and be done with it. CIPC works just as well as any other phone. Inside or outside the network.

Good Idea,

I have created another DN which the support DDI points to and set this as another line on CIPC with CFB to my usual ext#

Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back