Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7400B Plus Data Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaveyPhones

Technical User
Dec 5, 2003
US
Anyone know what the dip switch settings should be for this DM that I use (with my PC and DSA software) to connect to the PBX?
Richard

Switch 1 - Off with phone, On without phone
Switch 2 - Off
Switch 3 - Off
Switch 4 - Off
Switch 5 - On
Switch 6 - Off
Switch 7 - Off
Switch 8 - Off

Thanks OldPhoneGuy,
Need more folks around who know the lost arts (data modules and such)
Richard

Hi,

Just had a customer whose 7400B Plus go bad. They were using it for a Terminal to get BCMS reports. I got a re-furb one to work on. How do i connect to my G3V6i.03.2.239.3
system.

I have done as mentioned with the dip switch setting, 1 and 5. I donot get anything.

Please i need help.

mrbuckeye,
I would like to help, but due to errors in your syntax, I can't figure out what you are asking.
Richard

The unexamined life is not worth living; Socrates

Hi PeaveyPhones,

Let me send this thread again, See if you are able to see that.

Just had a customer whose 7400B Plus go bad. They were using it for a Terminal to get BCMS reports. I got a re-furb one to work on. How do i connect to my G3V6i.03.2.239.3
system.

I have done as mentioned with the dip switch setting, 1 and 5. I donot get anything.

Please I need help.

Remember the movie Cool Hand Luke? "Whaat we have heeear, is troubllle to communicate" I CAN see your message, and THAT IS the problem.
"Just had a customer whose 7400B Plus go bad."
I guess you mean your customer had a unit that went bad.
"They were using it for a Terminal to get BCMS reports"
You mean they were using it in conjunction with a dumb terminal or a PC with DSA/ASA software to get reports?
"I got a re-furb one to work on."
To work on? To replace the bad one I suppose.
"How do i connect to my G3V6i.03.2.239.3 system."
Now that I’m finished being a smart a*s…. It just drives me crazy when otherwise intelligent grown ups can’t communicate in English.

To your problem, if they were already connected, and the data module just stopped working, then you're most of the way there. You should be able to just make the dip switch setting in the re-furbed unit the same as in the unit that was previously working. But, my experience has not proven this to be the case. I really need to know about the dumb terminal or PC issue to even go forward.

Richard

The unexamined life is not worth living; Socrates

The 7400 Data Modules use the Hayes command set. Try typing atdt and press return. The terminal or emulator should say OK. Find out what the netcon hunt group is in the switch by doing a 'list hunt-group'. If you don't find a hunt group do a 'list data-module' and look for entries type 'netcon'. These are the gateway ports to the processor. You should be able to type atdt<data mod ext> and get a login prompt.

Kevin

Hi 4merAvaya,

Thank you you have answered my question. I got it.
Really appreciate your help.

Hi Richard and 4merAvaya,

The Customer has dumb terminal. But at my office it is a PC with a terminal application like Procomm Plus.

If i need to use a dumb terminal, would the dialing of "ATDT <netcon #>" be programmed on the Data module, if so how would i do that.

Thanks in Advance.

Kevin,

Thanks.

I will have the data module shipped to site. Have the customer do that.

The initial problem they had was that there was no login prompt showing up on the Dumb Terminal. Since remote trouble shoot could not fix, asking the customer to ship the defective one here for me to test. Will know when I get it.

Ramesh

Hi Kevin,

Really appreciate you help. It worked. The customer is able to log on using the Dumb Terminal by typing "atdt XXXX".

Thanks.

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back