Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7300 supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefChip

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2005
US
Hey Folks,
Is there a way to increase the life of printer supplies for the 7300N printer? And, are there any ways to refurbish the imaging drums or transfer roller myself when they reach the end of life?

Just have to ask...

Thanks,

Chip

unfortunately I don't know of any way of extending or refurbishing supplies. Xerox has done some funky ways of making sure the toner pirates stay away from their income source.

Thats why HP, Cannon, and Lexmark are having a harder time keeping up revenue from thier supplies division.

Only one tip that I can share is to done grade the quality of your print outs. If you use less toner on a page, the longer they will last.

David Drury
Northeast Laser Image

Well, thanks for the response. I didn't think it would be easy... Oh well...

One thing that I noticed is that there is a little toner left in the imaging unit after the cartridge is empty. When the imaging unit is depleted or fails, you can put the leftover toner back in the toner cartridge by leaving the cartridge on the imaging unit with the lever still locked in, remove the imaging unit with the toner cartidge, turning the whole think upside down and then tap on the assembly. Do it outside, because some toner will escape.

But that's about it.

There may be other tricks that may help and I'll post them when I find them out.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back