Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7200 not answered by secretary or next ringing group-- how to send to auto attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlralph

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2002
US
I have a 7200s and at a school. The calls during the school day come first to the secretary and if there is not an answer it rolls to a group that has the other office phones. Parents will hand on the phone for up to 30 minutes which is rediculous. I want it to forward to the secretary email, or the nighttime autoattendant message after 20 seconds. How can I make the call that has been forwarded to a group go to a voicemail box after a specified period of time?

Thanks, David

How do you have your Groups set up now? Give me programming details

For the groups, when a call comes in during the daytime ringing plan, it goes to group 5001, which is the secretary. It stays there for 16 seconds before going to Group 5002 which is the secretary, academic dean, principal and disciplinary dean. Right now, after that I have it pointing to 5019 but it has no where to really go which is the issue. I want it to go to the nighttime autoattendant which will then say, No one can answer your call. Press the extention followed by pound to call your party directly or press 9 to dial by name, or press 0 to leave a message for the office. So the setup is fairly simple, I just do not know how to point the 4.1.1 station group to a next port of being nighttime calling. Le me know if more detail is needed

It never goes to 5019 which I think is the problem. If a call is going to a specific extension, and the person does not answer, then the voice mailbox associated with that extension picks up. I cannot figure out how to make the group of four ringing phones extensions go anywhere. Right now the phone just rings forever.

Are you certain 5001 has an extension and mailbox in the Voicemail? sounds to me like it doesn't. If it does make the mailbox announce only, with a no msg/ mo activity destination of the AA (you create this first). You will also need to give a VG key to anyone who needs access to these msgs.

Hi Ralph,
There is a specific method for programming this, in your vmaa option , open block tables, go to mode. then call processor. if you want to be directed to day main menu then set DEFAULT to GOTO MNU DAY MAIN and /or AT to GOTO MNU DAY MAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back