Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

*71 and *72?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodek

Technical User
Apr 1, 2010
CA
I have a customer phone that has a memory button programmed as "*71+phone number" and another button programmed as "*72". The first was labelled on the set as CALL FWD and the other as CALL FWD cancel .. all I know is it's causing grief at the office location.

what r u asking? I don't see a question in your thread.

Just wondering what the *71 and *72 is in the dial string? I know it's just an autodial programmed to a memory button, but couldn't find any reference to it (i.e. *72 or *73) in the manuals. Could it just be a destination code or something like that? Whoever programmed it labelled the button with the "*71+phone number" as CFWD and the other button "*72" as CFWD CANCEL.

*71 is usually conditional forwarding, usually busy/no answer to send to a cell phone. You would still use *73 to cancel it though.

I guess whatever telco they used could have a non-standard setup and use *71 and *72 in place of *72/72# and *73/73#.

Centrex Call Forward & Cancel Call Forward. It's a centrex feature on their lines.

delete those buttons by pressing feature *1 press OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back