Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70k Too Big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedeia

Technical User
May 8, 2001
US
There are alot of people out there that have dial up connections and I am afraid that 70k is too large for most people. Is that right?

and i have not added a preloader yet either!

Took me 17 seconds to load it up, on a dial up (and not a fast one at that) connected at 45,33 bps.
IMHO, that's fast enough for me, although when I do get a T1, I'll probably find it too slow.
In you add a catchy preloader... It'll be even greater!

;-) If you're stuck with lemons... Make lemonade!

instant for me..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

I don't think 70k is too big. My site is 197k (at the moment) and that dosen't take too long to download on a dial up. If you are that worried about it, could you add pre-loaders to each section so at least they get to the front page almost instantly? And like jealous said, if you add a cool pre-loader to the front, that would do it. roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

Cool, at least it is not too much. In the industry i am doing this for, everyone just has HTML pages and they are all chezzy w/animated gifs of fire and skulls. Makes me sick. I would rather just have an orderly site, but not one that drives people away. They just got to wait once then it is their temp folder unless they clean them out like you should. Thanks for the feed back, once i get this preloader on, then i would like another quick opinion of my Flash community. Thanks!

Shouldn't be too bad with a preloader...on DSL it takes like 2 seconds for it all...(I'm guessing just loading image, not downloading it)

Anyways, hey, why not try and have a rotating motorcycle?...=P Or some art or something as a preloader...since you do see lots of motorcycles in there, and stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back