Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7028 6E4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoangkim

Technical User
Jan 4, 2004
CA
I have this machine 7028 6E4. I need to hook the monitor to it but realize that the machine doesn't have a monitor adapter card on the back of it. What should I do now? Please help.

You'll need a serial cable (Null Modem should do) then connect using hyperterm or the like. I'm just trying to find a cable pinout, will post when I do.

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

See

ibmwiki/download/attachments/4114/RSinfo.pdf?version=1

page 258

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Thanks for your help. Can you please check the link on your second post? I copied and paste and got " the page cannot be found". Thanks again.

Just google for RSinfo.pdf

Mike

Hi again. Now I can connected to the server using a null modem cable and a hyperterminal. But the server didn't boot up completely. It reported the error 651-880 the CEC or SPCN..." Since I don't know what else was running on this server before it got shipped to me, I want to reinstall the AIX 5.2 but I cannot boot it from the AIX installation CD. PLease help.

Thanks and regards,

Looks like it's a bit broken. There should be a location code at the bottom of that message. Can you post the whole thing?

To boot from the CD you'll have to access the sms menu, try pressing 5 during the boot when you see keyboard on the screen, then make sure cd is selected as a boot option.

A full error message would help to see what the problem is.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back