Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-640 MCTS Server 2008 AD Config... Practice Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniffer2112

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2009
US
I just took the 70-640 exam and failed it with a 60%. I felt like I knew the material but when I took the test, I felt like I was blind sided. Maybe I'm a terrible test taker.

Anyway, can someone recomend a site to where I can take some practice tests that will help in passing the exam? Preferably ones that give you an explination.

-Todd-
CCNA, A+

**Mathmatics affects 7 out 5 people each day**

I used MeasureUp.com for the CCNA exams, and I thought it was great. The only problem was, it was only 150 questions, so you really only had 3 fresh exams. I felt the measureup exams were tougher than the real thing, which is good.

I also know Microsoft recommends MeasureUp.

Transcender was the other company that I had always heard good things about.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

I like Self Test, same as Transcender, but about $30 cheaper.

SelfTest has their online test (30day access) for $50 now. I compared the SelfTest and Trancender and I found some of the same practice questions.

-Todd-
CCNA, A+

transcender tests are well known and well used although Microsoft prefers students use Measure up and/or selftest. These are both recommended on their website in the sites for the exam objectives.

IT Career

Took the exam today and failed with a 625. I used the selftest practice questions and still found quite a few on the exam that I have never seen the material before, not even in my study books. UGH!

-Todd-
CCNA, A+

Reschedule the exam as soon as possible. Keep the material fresh in your mind and just build on it. You're doing it the right way, so just keep at it, you'll pass the next time. Good Luck!

You should not use them because they are illegal-use Selftest or MeasureUp as Microsoft recommend them(as shown on the Microsoft exam objectives sites)

IT Courses

They have a guarantee because they have illegally obtained copies of the actual exam questions and that's what they're selling.

This particular exam (70-640) has been updated to include many questions from R2. I think any brand of practice exam will be disappointing right now.

--Lilliabeth

As it should be. But there are not enough changes to AD from 2008 to 2008 R2 that it should cause anyone to fail an exam by a large margin. Many of the concepts from Windows 2003 AD are still relevant to the 70-640 exam. If you study with the Server 2008 material and then make sure that you have a good understanding of the changes in R2 then you'll be fine.

When i usually fail an exam, i see where my weakness is and study. I suggest not taking shortcuts.

Even better, MS is having a free online cram session for 70-640:

I passed this with 868.

I took a boot camp course with CED solutions in Atlanta, GA and that helped a ton, but I also studied the dump for it from examcollection.com

The AD config did not have any testlets in it as of a week ago.

Good luck Sniffer

Awesome!

According to CertGuard examcollection.com is a braindump. How does it feel to cheat your way to a cert?

Nice.... I hate brain dumps they take away value from all of us who work hard and acquire our certifications honestly.

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back