Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-445 & 70-446: call for info

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdemulder

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2004
BE
hey all,

I'm going to start preparing for 445 and 446 soon and I was wondering whether any of you took this one and got some good books, braindumps and/or study guides for me.

Everything to help me with this is helpful, thx in advance!

The best advice I can give you is use the software a lot. I studied the books and failed the beta 70-445. Have you got a lot of experience with SSAS, SSRS, SSIS?

You will want to have used the software TONS! I can't say that enough. I took 445 and didn't pass. I was able to pass the 446 however. I guess 446 was a bit easier.

70-445 is a hard exam to pass.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Did you find any practice exams? I'm about to purchase AppDev's training for the 445 and I'm nervous because I can't find any company that has any practice exams.

Thanks,
Keith

No, when I took the exam it was a beta exam, so there wasn't any study material available.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Would you think that by taking Microsoft classes 2794, 2795, 2796 and 2797 from a vendor would prepare for BOTH 70-445 and 70-446? I found a vendor who claims this.

The curious thing is that Appdev claims they can teach you through 70-445 by teaching SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, however feels that they can't teach 70-446 yet. This other vendor is saying they can teach you through both exams, but it seems to be the ones that are targeted for 70-446. Its in a boot camp format.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Keith

Learning the software in a class is totally different from knowing the software. As mrdenny says, you need to KNOW the software. If you have about 6 months SOLID experience then classes may be the way to go. IMHO boot camps are never the way to go. If you are going to a boot camp to learn the software then they will not teach you enough to KNOW the software but if you are going as you know the software then the question begs why do you need to go to the classes? How much experience do you have with the software?

Thanks everyone!
Well, I've been working with all the SQL 2005 services, mainly on SSIS and SSAS, for the last year as a BI Consultant. Still, since this is the first certification of MS I will be taking, I don't really know what to expect. The Training Kits from MS will be available this summer, which is far to late for me =/ Thanks for all the input so far!

Hi,
I also entered the beta exams of 71-445 and 71-446 and succeded in passing the exam 446 but failed in 445.

I agree that the exam 445 is hard to pass. I spent over 3 hours for both of the exams. I worked mainly the SSRS and SSAS. I worked little with the SSIS. But one key related with the exam was the weight of the Data Mining questions when compared with the other topics.

If you want to pass the 70-445, one must know and had solid experience on the data mining features of the sql2005.

You can find my notes on the 70-445 exam on my blog entry
Good luck for exam takers,
Eralper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back