Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-294 Anyone take this bad boy yet? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStressFactor

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2002
US
Hey all,

I am taking it in 3 weeks. Anyone take it yet? Any advice on what to expect and difficulty rating?

Patrick

It wasn't that hard Wishdiak ... just a little confusing sometimes, especially with all those OU-structures.

well done yanze...
true, 294 wasn't hard (imho)...

what you got next mate?

Aftertaf

"Solutions are not the answer." - Richard Nixon

Well, for the last exam i have to choose between 297 and 298.
I come from MCSE NT 4.0 and haven't done a design-exam voor Windows 2000, so i've made the decision to go for 70-297, Designing a Microsoft 2003 AD Infrastructure.
Maybe after that i'll also do the security-exam, but first things first ... that is becoming MCSE 2003!

wishdiak:
sorry bout my earlier post, brain bugging a bit under the stress...
i meant to say that i'd also already passed 294... 1st time too, i got 920 :)
As long as you know AD & OU theories, GPO and such, you should have noooo problem.

Yanze:
Looks like we're gonna be sitting the 297 at the same time.

got the syngress e-book too, will work thru it and try to get ready for the 13th april.
That way, second shot if needed early may!!
first things first ... that is becoming MCSE 2003!
Totally!!! :)

Aftertaf

Well I just sat my 70-294 exam and got 901 :)

I have to say that I was very reluctant to take this after failing my 290 exam twice. However I am really pleased with my result. I am taking 290 again for the 3rd time tomorrow, I hope that this time I pass it convincingly :)

Simon,
yep well done!!!!!
its really not that evil if you've revised AD & GPO/sites...

wishdiak...
true a lot of people coming out of 294 with good passes... encouraging for when you get to sit it.

Hows your prep coming on? Still overshadowed by job seeking???

Aftertaf

aftertaf,

I have a job starting Monday, but only for a month. Once I have some money coming in, I can start concentrating on exams again, so I may be able to take it by the end of April.

I'm still only 2 exams away from MCSE.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

good for you wish...
only a month,
maybe serendipity'll play her part afterwards ;-)

fingers crossed for you.
david

Aftertaf

Yanzene,

Can you tell me where to get the Transcender questions from. I have failed the 70-294 twice now after loads of study using MS Press and Exam Cram. I thought I knew AD but can't find question to practice on that are remotely like the exam. Simon well done on that score man I wish I could get to that level.

Cheers..

Thanks,

It seems a bit pricy though at $179 for the exam and study guide or $139 for just the exam. I know it would be worth it if I passed but I only want to download it if he questions are really like the exam. Or is there somewhere else to get it for less?

Roary :)

simon..
didnt want to mention it myself....
but zero dollars is a help to passing what otherwise can be a very expensive track.

that would be my one criticism of the whole cert business, that it IS a business.
but it is a business so thats why it costs.

best bet: get your employer to pay for your training and exams... i got mcse for 0€ that way

Aftertaf
________
Regain control of your PC, at If you break your hard drive, it'll be DPlank's fault

Ahh but After I don't mind mentioning it :)

Of course I paid for all of my training material occifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back