Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-291, what to anticipate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibumi77

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2007
US
I will be configuring via VirtualPC my 2003/2000/XP network, as from just the first few pages of the MS material I will need a practice network to study for this test. Any advice would be appreciated. I thought 70-290 was far easier than 70-270, got 771 on the 290 and 747 on the 270.

Well 291 is suppose to be the hardest of the exams. You want to get a clear understanding of WSUS, DNS, DHCP, subnetting, routing and remote access. I took the exam last week and majority of my questions was in regards to routing and remote access, 1 question on WSUS, 7 sim questions. I did not have any questions on subnetting but seen them before.

Good luck

Cool, thanks Dreadz! Just got my 2003 server setup in virtual pc today, running it as a DC with AD and DNS, need to setup a few more virtual systems and away we go!

I just took the 70-291 exam today and it is the hardest of them all!!! I taken the A+, Net+, 2000 Server, 70-290 and passed them all except this one! GRRR!!!

I had one subnetting question - I didn't study for subnetting because I heard there won't be very many which ended up being true.

Lots of RRAS question, DNS, WSUS. You have to actually know how to configure the setting because they use simulations. Oh and there's some IPSEC questions too.

Does anyone know of any good study material?

I used certkiller for this last one but hoping theres something better because these question on the exam came at me like a left hook!

p.s. prometeric's software froze on me while I was taking the exam, and some simulations can take up to 3 minutes to load!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back