Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-270 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPwannabe

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
Im a little bummed that I have failed the 70-270 test 2x. My first score in May was 632 and my second score in September was 654. My weak areas over the 2 tests are:

1.Implementing and Conducting Administration of Resources
2.Imp, Mana, and Trouble Network Protocols and Services
3.Installing XP Prof

I used Transcender to help. I also bought the exam cram book (didnt really use it though)

Truth be told, I didnt study at all the 2nd time I took it. The first time I took it I had studied a week before, but not very well.

I'm not really that good with groups and permissions, and printer spools. Also not good with RIS, unattended installs.

Any exercises that I can do to improve in these areas?

Thanks

You can pick up a significant number of points by memorizing NTFS permissions, share permissions, and how they interact (i.e., you have a folder where GroupA has NTFS write access and read only share access).

Regarding printer spools, study the effects of restarting the print spool service (both at the client and server levels and when it's appropriate to restart). Also, study print permissions (i.e., manage printer, manage documents, or print).

MCPWannabe

To get the 70-270 I believe you need to simply learn the product. I know that sounds obvious but the key to learning the product is to find the best method of training. There are books that you have tried but if you are not taking it in that way I would recommend CBT Nuggets training or learnkey. It is more expensive but it teaches you the product with a vision aid. You can do it at your own pace and is less expensive than Microsoft instructor led course.

ActualTests or Testking can be helpful as they get you aware of how the questions are structured.

But most of all you need to focus your time on studying. There is no easy way to pass these exams.

Good Luck

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back